The scope of works involved
- Construction of a stormwater pump station,
- Supply electricity to the new pump station,
- Construct sandstone rock retaining walls and weirs
- Place PE liner
- Construct clay lined wetlands
- Planting of native vegetation
The complexities of the job included working around recreational park users, environmental controls, working adjacent to Whites Creek and dewatering.
The wetland was completed and opened to the public in 2002. Since then, it has been a great success. The ecosystem is thriving, with a wide range of plants and animals living there.
The wetland performs a number of important ecological functions, such as filtering stormwater before it reaches Rozelle Bay and Sydney Harbour.
If you wish to find more information please visit: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC7MW51_whites-creek-wetlands?guid=b054936d-56a1-473d-b7e8-3144e22d1764