The scope of works included
- Laying approx 800m of DN225mm PVC and 250mm PE pipe,
- Building cast in-situ DTC manholes up to 10.5m deep
- Excavating and shoring of micro-tunnel boring and receiving shafts up to 11m deep in rock
- Micro-tunnelling 600m of 375mm diameter enveloper pipe
- Excavating boring and receiving shafts
- Connections into existing pipework
- Reinstatement of carparks
- Reinstatement of parks
- Reinstatement of internal roads
- CCTV, air test, vacuum testing to Sydney Water standards
The complexities of the job included working around students and staff attending UWS, pedestrian management in the university, excavating boring shafts up to 11m in hard rock and building DTC manholes 11m deep.
A further successful challenge of the works was one 240 lineal metres micro-tunnel bore by drilled from both sides joining in the middle.