The project involved the upgrading and widening 3.2km of Mona Vale Rd from two lanes to four lanes between Manor Road, Ingleside and Foley Street, Mona Vale. The NSW Government has allocated $140m to complete the project, and Roads and Maritime has appointed Georgiou Group to construct the road upgrade.
Athassel Civil was engaged by Georgiou Group to construct new utilities, stormwater, conduits and gas lines on the Mona Vale Rd Upgrade.
The scope involved laying
- 1200m of 100mm and 150mm DICL and MSCL watermains,
- 800m of PVC and PE sewer mains ranging in size from 100mm to 450mm,
- Cast in-situ DTC manholes, stormwater drainage,
- 330m ITS comms conduit,
- 1,000m Jemena, Optus and Telstra combine trench.
- Connections into existing pipework
- CCTV, air test, vacuum testing to Sydney Water standards
The complexities of the job included working in a narrow corridor around other contractors, working around live traffic, traffic switches, pedestrian management, working in and around high voltage electricity, high pressure gas and fibre optic cables.